compilation done - more problems

From: Levente -Levi- Littvay
Subject: compilation done - more problems
Date: 04 Jan 2003 23:33:24 +0100

We managed to compile swarm from the 5-14 snapshot.  Several make files
interpreted warnings as errors which caused the compilation to hang, but
once the -Werrors were removed, it worked...  (seemed to :)

I tried to run the examples...

market-2001-11-26 compiled fine but it did not run:

error: TkExtra (instance)
Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
    /usr/lib/tcl8.0

/usr/lib/tcl8.0/init.tcl: version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.3,
need 8.0
version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.3, need 8.0
    while executing
"package require -exact Tcl 8.0"
    (file "/usr/lib/tcl8.0/init.tcl" line 19)
    invoked from within
"source /usr/lib/tcl8.0/init.tcl"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list source $tclfile]"

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

    while executing
"error $msg"
    (procedure "tclInit" line 40)
    invoked from within
"tclInit"
Aborted

I have several versions of tcl installed.

We also tried jmousetrap-2001-09-13. Compilation was successfull, but:

/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/bin/java -classpath
/usr/local/share/swarm/swarm.jar:. StartMousetrap
Exception caught: no javaswarm in java.library.path
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: createBegin
        at swarm.SwarmEnvironmentCImpl.createBegin(Native Method)
        at swarm.Globals.<clinit>(Globals.java:39)
        at StartMousetrap.main(StartMousetrap.java:12)

How do I set java.library.path?

Any ideas on how to fix these?

thx

Levente Littvay