Re: Some newbie questions on swarm

From: M Lang / S Railsback
Subject: Re: Some newbie questions on swarm
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 09:55:55 -0700

Willi Richert wrote:

> Nice to hear some German using swarm ;-)

I recently went to Germany to convert the heathens to Swarm. (I work
with ecological modelers at Umweltforschungszentrums Leipzig-Halle.)

> wr
> PS: Do you use swarm for a longer period now? I have to prove to my Professor,
> why I should use swarm for my studies, so I need some success stories ;-)

It is easier to convince people you need Swarm by telling horror stories
about home-made software!

Here is a paper where we discuss some of the issues, and benefits of
Swarm:
"Software engineering considerations for individual-based models", G. E.
P. Ropella, S. F. Railsback, and S. K. Jackson (2002). Natural Resource
Modeling 15: 5-22.

You can download it here:
http://weasel.cnrs.humboldt.edu/~simsys/Products.html

(There are a number of other papers listed there, all of which were made
possible by Swarm.)

Steve Railsback
--
address@hidden