MacOSX Port

From: Darren Schreiber
Subject: MacOSX Port
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:53:44 -0800

I also want to applaud the hard work of those who are porting Swarm to Mac OS X. I have been working hard on some other areas of research (using brain imaging to study political cognition) lately, but I am very excited to be devoting more of my brain share to my passion for agent-based modeling. I just sent out my housing segregation model for publication (after four years of work.) One reason that project was so stalled is that my LinuxPPC setup crashed a long while ago and I knew I'd have to do way to much to get Swarm on my Mac again. Without Swarm at home, it was just a heck of a lot more effort to make any progress.

So, I am very excited that the OS X port is making so much progress so fast. I keep reading the emails on this (though I understand about 2% of their content) and want those leading the effort to know that many others appreciate their labor.

        Darren