Re: MacOS X Status?

From: Marc-Antoine Parent
Subject: Re: MacOS X Status?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:26:21 -0500

Sorry that I dropped off of the face of the planet for a few weeks, school started again and I had to re-familiarize myself with probability theory, Mathematica, Scilab, and... ugh, anyways, I'll spare everyone my rant :-)

I've been reading through some of the reports, but haven't gotten all the way through them, near as I can tell is this the status of the project?

1) It compiles without errors (just warnings) using a new build of gcc (the one on CVS? If so I'll pull it tomorrow when I am not on a modem).

2) It isn't linking properly (yet), despite that it is compiling.

Well, it's indeed not linking properly in the CVS, but it can be linked with some tweaking. We just have to find cleaner solutions to make it link automatically. However, you should be able to download my version and use it, which I think is clear progress.

Reminder: (as this is quite scattered in my various emails)

http://homepage.mac.com/maparent/FileSharing10.html

Download swarm.tgz (say on your desktop)

cd /
tar -zxf ~/Desktop/swarm.tgz
setenv SWARMHOME  /usr/local/swarm

Make sure you have hdf5, blt, libpng in fink; (using the "unstable" packages in fink) and that you have a fresh gcc 3.3 in your path. you should be able to make most swarm apps (except heatbugs for some reason)
Marc-Antoine