[Swarm-Support] Re: [Swarm-Modelling] HeatBugs on Win2K

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Re: [Swarm-Modelling] HeatBugs on Win2K
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:14:47 -0600

Did anybody answer you yet?

The answer is that you need to remove the tcl that cygwin installed and install a slightly older version of tcl/tk. I think I can find it if you don't.

I wish some windows user would do us all the favor of updating all the cygwin packages and then building a new swarm snapshot for us. I don't do windows much, but may see if I can. Last time I tried to build Swarm in Windows, it led to a long horrible ungratifying struggle

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/Memos/swarmOnCygwin.txt

But since then I hear that it is possible, and MGD says the steps should be like this:

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html#3.10

Although I think most of those instructions are not for Swarm-2.2 pre, but rather some older thing...

Cheers

pj
Ion Chalmers Freeman wrote:
Help!
I'm brand new to Swarm and to agent modeling. I installed the latest development release and CygWin and tried to run HeatBugs. It looks for cygtcl80.dll, which is not available. How can I update HeatBugs to look for the current version of the TK toolkit? Thanks! Someone has helped me with a copy of cygtcl80.dll, but I think a better solution would be updating the toolkit.
ion

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504