Re: [Swarm-Support] Must swarm be built directly in its source directory

From: amores nolikeyjunk
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Must swarm be built directly in its source directory ?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:15:34 +0000

I ran into this same issue a few days ago. I've never used
cygwin, but in UNIX this indicated that emacs was not
installed (correctly). Check to see if you have emacs
installed. The 'missing' is just filled-in (by config scripts)
in place of the missing executable; that is, in place of the
missing emacs binary (at least this appears to be the case).

Thanks, that appears to have been it, as now I get further.
In fact, now I'm trying to compile elc (emacs macros, I guess),
and I fail on a path which has one slash turned the wrong way
(ie, one backslash occurs, where clearly a regular slash
was intended).

I'm going to try the cvs swarm code instead, in case this
apparent bug hash been fixed there, before trying to track
down and fix this bug myself.

(I assume some test somewhere deduced that because I'm on
MS-Windows, I want backslashes, although this is not true
in the case of cygwin, and is actually unneeded for the
entire NT/2000 family AFAIK.)

Cordially,

Perry