Re: [Swarm-Support] OSX frameworks

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] OSX frameworks
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 10:40:34 +1000

A few extras to Russell's comments:
The standard search path is for frameworks is:
$HOME/Library/Frameworks:/Library/Frameworks:/System/Library /Frameworks

However, it is not quite as simple as linking against the framework. In
order to have some chance of success, you also need to include the
framework's headers at compile time.  This is messy and requires changes
to the source code like:
#include <tcl.h> becomes #include <Tcl/tcl.h>.

I have avoided using frameworks at this point, because the nicest way to
cope with this nastiness is to use Project Builder with Jam.
Unfortunately Apple's current compiler crashes with the -fgnu-runtime
flag.  Which rules out using the PB build system.

I am given to understand that Apple have fixed their compiler but seem to
be hiding the code.  My assumption is this concealment will end at the
June developer conference, when new hardware will be announced.

Which frameworks do you want to us?

Bill Northcott