Re: [Swarm-Support] OSX frameworks

From: Russell Standish
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] OSX frameworks
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:58:30 +1000 (EST)

Bill Northcott wrote:

> A few extras to Russell's comments:
> The standard search path is for frameworks is:
> $HOME/Library/Frameworks:/Library/Frameworks:/System/Library /Frameworks
>
> However, it is not quite as simple as linking against the framework. In
> order to have some chance of success, you also need to include the
> framework's headers at compile time.  This is messy and requires changes
> to the source code like:
> #include <tcl.h> becomes #include <Tcl/tcl.h>.

Or alternatively, specify -I /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers
on the compile line. This avoids having to change the source code
(except for the Makefile). I kind of assumed the previous poster had
figured this out already. :)

A/Prof Russell Standish                  Director
High Performance Computing Support Unit, Phone 9385 6967, 8308 3119 (mobile)
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         Fax   9385 6965, 0425 253119 (")
Australia                                address@hidden