Re: [Swarm-Support] building swarm without emacs

From: Artem Baguinski
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] building swarm without emacs
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:44:07 +0200

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 05:46:35AM -0600, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
> Artem Baguinski wrote:
>
> >you can see it still tries to call emacs
> >
> Emacs is required to build Swarm from source code.

ah pity

then the chapter 2 of install book shouldn't say that emacs is only
necessary if one wants java swarm.

could you please explain what you use emacs there for? couldn't
something lighter and wider-spread be used for that? sorry if i sound
complaining, but i'm about to install 20M of a text-editor just to
compile a library and my internet connection is slow and expensive :(