Re: [Swarm-Support] jHeatbugs

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] jHeatbugs
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:28:06 -0500

You have to cd into the directory where you have jheatbugs.

To save you the trouble of asking again, be sure you have the version of jheatbugs from the testing directory and make sure the Obj-C swarm apps work before you get too would up in Java.

Next time you ask, please tell us exactly which edition of Swarm you are using, how you installed it, etc.

pj

Stephen Ongaro wrote:

Dear Swarmites,

I have been trying to run the jheatbug tutorial without success as indicated below.

Activate the Swarm terminal command;

address@hidden/cygdrive/m] $ make

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

address@hidden/cygdrive/m] $ javaswarm StartSimpleBug

java.lang.classNotFoundException: StartSimpleBug

at java.lang.Class.forName<Class.java:52>

address@hidden/cygdrive/m] $ makefile

”C:/Swarm-2.1.1/bin/bash.exe”: makefile: command not found

address@hidden/cygdrive/m] $

The tutorial that I am using does acknowledge that there are variations to this procedure and then refers to an appendix does not exist. How do I proceed from this point?

My working environment is Windows XP, Swarm, JBuilderEnterprise 9 and CYGWIN.

Regards,

Stephen