Re: [Swarm-Support] probe and graph windows

From: Konrad_Richter
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] probe and graph windows
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:43:40 +0200

Dear Paul,
I had the same problem, tried you advice and it worked fine. However, when
I tried to influence the size of the windows (via [blablaWindow setHeight:
40 Width: 50]; ), it doesn't work (under SWARM 2.2 on XP). On the other
hand, the save-button doesn't save the window size but only the position.
Do you have an idea, how I can influence the window size also under SWARM
2.2?
Thanks,
      Konrad

             Paul Johnson
             <address@hidden>
             address@hidden         Swarm Support <address@hidden>
             warm.org                                                   cc

                                                                   Subject
             30.08.2004 02:45          Re: [Swarm-Support] probe and graph
                                       windows

             Please respond to
               Swarm Support
             <address@hidden
                    g>

If you put the SET_WINDOW_GEOMETRY_RECORD macro to work when you create
the windows (look in apps such as Heatbuts), then, when you run your
program and click on the "save" button in the control panel, then the
window positions are saved in a file in your home directory called
.swarmArchiver.

As I recall, in the olden days, there was a way to set the window name
without using the macro, and you might see some old apps that do it
another way, or some that do not do it at all.

This was one of the many  handy features inserted after Swarm-1.0 was
released, so I still think of it as a "new" feature (but its at least 5
years old :> ).

pj

Derek Farren wrote:
> Hello Swarm Comunity.
>
> I have seen some applications where the probe and the graph windows opens
on
> an determined place of the screen, not on the upper left side like my
> applications. I would like to know how to do that, because I have several
> windows in my application placed on the upper left, and moveing them in
> order to see all the windows each time the application is run is very
time
> consuming.
>
> Thanks
>
> Derek Farren