Re: [Swarm-Support] user question about saving window placement and size

From: Konrad_Richter
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] user question about saving window placement and size
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:21:34 +0200

Hi Paul,
thanks a lot for your answer.
Greetings,
      Konrad

             Paul Johnson
             <address@hidden>
             address@hidden         swarm-support <address@hidden>
             warm.org                                                   cc

                                                                   Subject
             14.09.2004 21:36          [Swarm-Support] user question about
                                       saving window placement and size

             Please respond to
               Swarm Support
             <address@hidden
                    g>

I must be getting truly daffy in my old age because I was just reading
swarm support email and a person wrote and asked about the problem that
the setHeight: message was not working to set or save windows in the
.swarmArchiver file.  But now I can't find that email to save my life,
so I can't answer on the thread.

The user is correct. Save window geometry saves window positions,

I have tested this and find that ZoomRaster objects do answer to the
setHeight: command, but setHeight: does not work for EZGraph object.  It
does work for Histogram, but not for EZBin.  Things from the GUI library
do have it, things out of Analysis do not.

If you watch the compiler output, it tells you so.

ForestObserverSwarm.m: In function `-[ForestObserverSwarm buildObjects]':
ForestObserverSwarm.m:246: warning: method `setHeight:' not implemented
by protocol

The program still compiles and runs, but it seems to you like setHeight
did not work properly. Well, it works the way it is supposed to for
EZGraphs... Not at all

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504