[Swarm-Support] Heatbug code question

From: Crile Doscher
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Heatbug code question
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:52:54 +1300

Hi there,
   This question relates to the logic of the Heatbug code, specifically why a
method is
implemented where it is.  If that sounds like you, read on!
   I'm putting together a simulation of braided rivers where water objects
(originally
called drops until I realised that that name was special...) flow over a river
bed and find
their way by moving in the direction of the steepest slope.  I've been paying
attention to
how Heatbug implements bug movement and wonder why it is that the actual method
that looks at the eight cell neighbourhood around a particular cell
(findExtremeType) is
implemented in HeatSpace.m rather than in Heatbug.m. The Heatbug then
determines
which cell it will move to, but HeatSpace does the work of figuring out which
cell would
be the best to move to.  This is part of the process of getting my head around
Objective
C.  Any thoughts?  Thanks -
Crile

Dr Crile Doscher