Re: [Swarm-Support] Mac OS X port

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Mac OS X port
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 14:46:31 +1000

On 09/09/2005, at 12:28 AM, Gary McKeown wrote:
I have been using Bill's MacOSX port successfully for a while now, I too get warnings upon build about the references to Bill's machine but they do not seem to impede the use of Swarm simulations in any way, and I have just put them down to the idiosyncrasies of the build. You are probably looking for the problem in the wrong place due to these warnings.

I think these can be cleaned up with install_name_tool. (See the man page) In the next iteration, I may try and add it to the build process.

Bill,
I saw on the R-SIG-mac list a while ago that you were preparing new Tiger swarm builds, how is the progress, are you waiting on BLT 3.0? What is the current status? and thanks for all the work.

The BLT author/maintainer does great work but it his personal project and he does not respond to email. In recent weeks he has been committing a lot of changes to the cvs on Sourceforge. So perhaps the 3.0 release is near. However, the current cvs code will not build because the is a file missing (src/bltPaintDraw.c). So it is not possible to test the rest.

Another few weeks and I will probably try a Tiger only build with BLT2.4z

Bill