Re: [Swarm-Support] what libhdf5 under Debian?

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] what libhdf5 under Debian?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:10:18 -0700

Jakson A. Aquino wrote:

Debian has three
conflicting versions:

 libhdf5-lam   libhdf5-mpich   libhdf5-serial

Does anyone know what version I have to install?

LAM and MPICH are implementations of Message Passing Interface, a library for writing high performance parallel code for a cluster of interconnected computers. HDF5 has a way to do I/O on clusters, and thus can be compiled for LAM or MPICH. Unless you intend to do this kind of programming, there's no reason to install libhdf5-lam or libhdf5-mpich, as each will add a substantial set of libraries to your system (and Swarm won't make use of these features).