Re: [Swarm-Support] what libhdf5 under Debian?

From: Jakson A. Aquino
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] what libhdf5 under Debian?
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:48:44 -0200

Hi!

Thank you, Marcus G. Daniels and Paul Johnson, for the help!
I installed the packages that are available for Debian
stable (libhdf5-serial-1.6.2, and libhdf5-serial-dev), did a
"distclean", etc, and the Schelling model is working.

After the difficult that I had compiling swarm, I think that
I can make a suggestion. I had to restart many times the
compilation because I didn't have all necessary binaries to
build swarm, and the INSTALL file doesn't tell about these
binaries. Although, I found the solution to most problems
searching this list with google, perhaps it wouldn't  be a
bad idea to mention these binaries in the INSTALL file. In
my case, the configure script created the Makefiles even
though I didn't have the packages gobjc, emacs21, and gperf
in my system.

Best regards,

Jakson