Re: [Swarm-Support] what libhdf5 under Debian?

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] what libhdf5 under Debian?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:16:58 -0600

hdf5 is the name of the library you need, and I know for sure you can build it. Really, IMHO, we should have Swarm not build without it. The version I'm using in RedHat is
hdf5-1.6.4

You need to build cleanly, you can't just do make again in the build dir.

You can get the raw source of the web site for the ncsa, but I bet you can find a deb if you look around. It is now included in Fedora Extras.

Jakson A. Aquino wrote:
Hello!

After some attempts, I finally got swarm compiled, and now
I'm reading the documentation and tutorials. From all models
in the swarmapps-objc-2.2-2, the only one that is crashing
is the Schelling model. Running the program under gdb it
becomes clear that the problem is related with libhdf5,
which isn't installed in my system. I can recompile swarm,
but I don't know what libhdf5 to install. Debian has three
conflicting versions:

  libhdf5-lam   libhdf5-mpich   libhdf5-serial

Does anyone know what version I have to install?

Thank you!

Jakson

--
Jakson Alves de Aquino