[Swarm-Support] swarm and condor

From: a\.darrigol
Subject: [Swarm-Support] swarm and condor
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 16:05:13 +0200

Hi,

I am working with a program written with swarm with the final
intent of running multiple executions in batch mode using
Condor (Unix Solaris29 and Solaris28 cluster)

Using condor with java programs is quite simple, you have to
specify 3 parameters:
Universe: java
Executable: Simul.class
Arguments: Simul (list of arguments)
With these parameters condor will use the cluster to run your
program with the command line: java Simul (list of arguments)

The problem with swarm is that you have to use javaswarm to
run your program.

I found a way to run javaswarm with condor but I have still a bug:

Universe: vanilla
Executable: /software/guiswarm/swarm-2.2/bin/javaswarm
Arguments: Simul -cp (path to .class files) --batch (list of
arguments)
input_file: (path to each .class file)

my error is the following:
Exception caught:
/software/guiswarm/swarm-2.2/lib/libjavaswarm.so.1.0.0:
ld.so.1: /software/jdk-5/jdk/instances/jdk1.5.0/jre/bin/java:
fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
createBegin
        at swarm.SwarmEnvironmentCImpl.createBegin(Native Method)
        at swarm.Globals.<clinit>(Globals.java:39)
        at Simul.main(Simul.java:81)

Is someone already succeed to run a swarm-based-program on
Condor? What parameters I have to write for the Universe, the
Executable and the Arguments?
thanx a lot,
Alexandre Darrigol

Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net