Re: [Swarm-Support] installation on mac os x

From: Paul Box
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] installation on mac os x
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 22:02:53 +0930

Hi Caroline

I don't do much with javaswarm, so anything I say in regard to that may not be true..

If you have installed the libraries correctly, you should see them in /usr/local/swarm2.2

For the objc applications, you can compile any of them from an xterm window (use xterm, from the X11 package, instead of a regular terminal application, as swarm uses tcl/tk, which is X11 based, for graphical interface). You need to set the SWARMHOME variable to /usr/local/swarm2.2. For objc models, you can simply type 'make' in the directory where your source code and makefile is to compile.

For javaswarm, I think you could use $SWARMHOME/bin/javacswarm to compile, and $SWARMHOME/bin/javaswarm to run it.

Let me know if this is not sufficient detail to get things running. I will be happy to spell out step by step how to get something compiled and running.

Paul