Re: [Swarm-Support] installation on mac os x

From: Alessandro Perrone
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] installation on mac os x
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 15:04:21 +0200

Hi
I am having trouble installing swarm2.2 on my Mac (OS X Panther). I have installed XTools1.5 and JDK 1.4.2 on my machine. I downloaded all the libraries (gcc, gsed, libpng, tcl) and then swarmx. I can't work out where it put the libraries though, and when I typed 'make' into the terminal application while in a swarm java tutorial directory it said that it couldn't find the command /bin/javacswarm. I haven't run any java scripts before or done anything like this, so I need very simple instructions... Could you point me to a webpage that could help me get swarm properly installed and working?

As written in INSTALL.MacOSX file,
You will need to fix up PATH, SWARMHOME and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to get the run
time linking to work.
If you have admin right make a directory /Library/Swarm and copy the files
swarmrc and swarmtrc from $SWARMHOME/etc/swarm into the new directory.
If you use bash (default on Panther) add the following line to ~/.profile:
source /Library/Swarm/swarmrc
If you use tcsh (default on Jaguar and earlier) add the following line to
~/.tcshrc:
source /Library/Swarm/swarmtrc
Create a new Terminal window and your environment should be set up correctly.

Or you can simply type "source /usr/local/swarm2.2/etc/swarm/swarmrc" at the beginning to insert all PATH variables into the system, and then go with "make"
Hope this help.
Regards.
                                ALEX

--
----
Questa e-mail ed i suoi eventuali allegati contengono informazioni