Re: [Swarm-Support] Followup: found work-aroundfor missing~/swarmarchive

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Followup: found work-aroundfor missing~/swarmarchiver.scm too
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:28:34 -0400

On Aug 16, 2006, at 9:36 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:

But this discussion is distracting me from my major purpose.  Why are lispAppArchiver and lispArchiver nil objects after initSwarm() is done, and what can I do about it.

For some reason this sounds familiar to me, but in a different context.  If I remember, it wasn't lispArchiver directly that was the problem.  The problem was that the default application path was not correct, so the file was not being found.

So there are these methods in LispArchiver.m

- setDefaultPath
{
  path = defaultPath (SWARMARCHIVER_LISP);
  return self;
}

- setDefaultAppPath
{
  path = defaultAppPath ([arguments getAppDataPath],
                         [arguments getAppName],
                         SWARMARCHIVER_LISP_SUFFIX);
  return self;
}

My guess is that the Application name or path or not properly set in arguments; trying looking at -createEnd for Arguments.m

cheers
Scott