Re: [Swarm-Support] Followup:found work-aroundfor missing~/swarmarchiver

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Followup:found work-aroundfor missing~/swarmarchiver.scm too
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:26:45 -0500

OK, I will work on this soon.

Please help me understand this gap. If I'm working on code in my directory, I can set break points for particular line numbers with

break main.m:10

or

ObserverSwarm.m:55

If I want to set a break point in a Swarm library file, it APPEARS to me that gdb knows what to do. Surprises me, really.

(gdb) break List.m:55
No source file named List.m.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) y

But how does gdb know where to find List.m line 55 if "make install" has been run already and the libraries are being used out of /usr?

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
Scott Christley wrote:
The problem was that the default application path was not correct, so the file was not being found.
It looks to me that this isn't the issue. I stepped through in the debugger and checked the file being opened in _load_ in LispArchiver.m. It's correct and opens ok. (I just ran heatbugs, thus it opened ./heatbugs.scm.) But I see there are some nested functions in LispArchiver.m that would be invoked during the load process, that might be causing problems.

Or perhaps someone might try performing the steps of lispAppArchiver creation in separate steps in initDefobj (instead of the nested method calls). There have been compiler problems in that area before too.
Marcus