Re: [Swarm-Support] From Eclipse to the Command Line

From: Kyle Newton
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] From Eclipse to the Command Line
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:42:12 -0700

Hi all,

I'll try rewording this again. I followed the instructions on how to set up Java-Swarm in Eclipse on a Windows platform, as outlined here: http://www.swarm.org/images/e/ec/How-to_use_JavaSwarm_in_Eclipse.pdf#search=%22site%3Awww.swarm.org%20java%20jar%20eclipse%22

I can run my program on my Windows OS through Eclipse without a problem. However, when I try to run the program from the Linux command line (there is no Eclipse installed on these Linux terminals) I get errors. My program, as the current java-tutorials for Swarm outline, referrence my own package 'beeSimNewton'. What happens when I try to run my javaswarm program from the command line is the following error:

address@hidden:~/beeSim/beeSimNewton> javaswarm StartBeeModel
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: StartBeeModel (wrong name: beeSimNewton/StartBeeModel)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

My guess is that it is looking for my custom package 'beeSimNewton' and it does not find it. Please, what steps might I take to run my program from the Linux command line after the program is already set up to run from within Eclipse?
Thank you.