Re: [Swarm-Support] Problem in running the swarm tutorial.

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Problem in running the swarm tutorial.
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 07:20:18 -0700

Kavita Gangal wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have installed Eclipse environment in my Windows XP machine.
I have also tried to run the SimpleJavaBug application (second step in the Java tutorial found at the following link: http://eco83.econ.unito.it/swarm/materiale/jtutorial/).

The application gets compiled without any errors. But while running, after the 100 iterations of the for loop in the Main() method, it gives me the following error:

(Tcl -eval:) couldn't read file "E:swarmSwarm-2.2-java/lib/tcl8.4//word.tcl": no such file or directory
    while executing
"source E:\swarm\Swarm-2.2-java/lib/tcl8.4//word.tcl"
while evaluating: source E:\swarm\Swarm-2.2-java/lib/tcl8.4//word.tcl

I think this is the same problem Marcus and others solved here in January - the backslashes in SWARMHOME and PATH should be forward slashes. Let us know if that fixes it and we'll try to get the instructions updated.

From the Support archives:

Marcus G. Daniels mgd at santafe.edu
Tue Jan 23 13:25:36 EST 2007

Keith Fligg wrote:
> FWIW, in the error message, it looks like there is a '\' missing
> between the drive specification (c:) and the beginning of the path.
"\" may get used as a quote character.  If so, it would disappear like
that. A forward slash should not..

Diego Corredor dacorredorq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 16:20:26 EST 2007