Re: [Swarm-Support] Problem in running the swarm tutorial.

From: Kavita Gangal
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Problem in running the swarm tutorial.
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:49:54 +0530

Hi Steve,
You are right! The solution worked!!
When i changed the backslashes to front shashes in the SWARMHOME and PATH, the error disappeared..
So please modify the JavaSwarm installation instructions.
and ofcourse Thanks a lot!!

Thanks and Regards,
Kavita Gangal
--
TIFR

On 5/21/07, Steve Railsback <address@hidden> wrote:
Kavita Gangal wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have installed Eclipse environment in my Windows XP machine.
> I have also tried to run the SimpleJavaBug application (second step in
> the Java tutorial found at the following link:
> http://eco83.econ.unito.it/swarm/materiale/jtutorial/ ).
>
> The application gets compiled without any errors. But while running,
> after the 100 iterations of the for loop in the Main() method, it gives
> me the following error:
>
> (Tcl -eval:) couldn't read file
> "E:swarmSwarm-2.2-java/lib/tcl8.4//word.tcl": no such file or directory
>     while executing
> "source E:\swarm\Swarm-2.2-java/lib/tcl8.4//word.tcl"
> while evaluating: source E:\swarm\Swarm- 2.2-java/lib/tcl8.4//word.tcl

I think this is the same problem Marcus and others solved here in
January - the backslashes in SWARMHOME and PATH should be forward
slashes. Let us know if that fixes it and we'll try to get the
instructions updated.

From the Support archives:

Marcus G. Daniels mgd at santafe.edu
Tue Jan 23 13:25:36 EST 2007

Keith Fligg wrote:
> FWIW, in the error message, it looks like there is a '\' missing
> between the drive specification (c:) and the beginning of the path.
"\" may get used as a quote character.  If so, it would disappear like
that. A forward slash should not..

Diego Corredor dacorredorq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 16:20:26 EST 2007