Re: [Swarm-Support] 3D-CA

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] 3D-CA
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 23:26:01 -0500

yuefengch wrote:
>    I am a swarm user,and want to explore swarm application toward
> three-dimensional stucture. I have got the 3d-lib from swarm, however I meet
> with difficult in writing date into its. I supply my program in attachment in
> this mail.
>    Would you give me a help on this problem or show some example,I must be
> present my thanks and respect. I would distribute my fruit to Swarm.

I've downloaded your code. It compiles and runs, no errors or warnings.
If you need help, you need to be more specific with your question. What
do you think is wrong? Why do you think it does not do what you want?

It appears to me the 3d lib you are using is quite simple--the 2d grids
in Swarm's standard library are stretched just a little to allow a third
coordinate. You put things into the grid and remove them in a way that
is exactly the same as a 2d grid. Maybe you want to experiment with a 2d
model like Heatbugs before you invest too much effort in this 3d adventure.

good luck

pj

Professor, Political Science          http://pj.freefaculty.org
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504