Re: [Swarm-Support] Debian package of swarm

From: Gennady Telegin
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Debian package of swarm
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:24:22 +0400

Hi,

I've built a Debian package of swarm on Ubuntu.
cool, I use Debian and Ubuntu and need install swarm ofthen (for example, on virtual machines). This will save time.

I've created the packages with the names libswarm and libswarm-dev. On Tuesday
I'll
test whether it works well on a freshly installed Ubuntu.
I don't see tcl/tk in depends list of package, but swarm require it. Also, fresh installation of Debian didn't contain tcl/tk, hence your must install tcl/tk on step 3 of quick guide.

Also, I think it's debian-way to separate libswarm into libswarm and libswarm-dbg, i.e. libswarm*.deb don't contain debug information.

best,
        Gennady