Re: [Swarm-Support] Debian package of swarm

From: Jakson A. Aquino
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Debian package of swarm
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 20:26:20 -0300

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 03:16:17PM -0300, Jakson A. Aquino wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 07:34:54AM -0700, Steve Railsback wrote:
> > Jakson A. Aquino wrote:
> > When you are ready, Jakson, we would put your Debian/Ubuntu package on
> > the Swarm download site if it is OK with you. Thanks very much for
> > putting it together.
>
> Yes, I would be glad to see the package there! I think that in one or
> two weeks they will be OK. Currently, the packages are not 100% in
> accordance with Debian Policy.

I uploaded the new Debian packages of swarm, including libswarm-dbg to
http://jalvesaq.googlepages.com/swarm.html .

Although the packages are working perfectly to me, lintian---a tool to
check the accordance of a package with Debian Policy---is still
issuing two warnings, but I don't know neither what exactly they mean
nor how to solve them:

W: libswarm: shlib-with-executable-stack usr/lib/swarm/libswarm.so.0.0.0
W: libswarm: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./usr/lib/swarm/libswarm.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib:/usr/lib/shared

Another warning refers to a script used only when swarm is compiled on
MacOS X and I certainly it's harmless on Debian based systems:

W: libswarm-dev: script-not-executable ./usr/share/libswarm/etc/swarmrc

Unless someone still has suggestions on how to improve the packages, I
think they are ready. While the binaries probably are useful only for
Ubuntu 7.04, the .diff.gz and .dsc files might be used to build
packages for any other Debian derived system.

Best regards,

Jakson