[Swarm-Support] Debian package of swarm

From: Jakson A. Aquino
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Debian package of swarm
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 12:52:49 -0300

Hello!

I've built a Debian package of swarm on Ubuntu. I've created the
packages with the names libswarm and libswarm-dev. On Tuesday I'll
test whether it works well on a freshly installed Ubuntu.

Debian file system hierarchy doesn't have the /usr/etc directory. So,
I put the files that were there into /usr/share/libswarm/etc, and,
consequently, makefiles of swarm applications running on Debian
systems will need an adjustment. The source files, instructions on
how to build a binary package and precompiled binaries to Ubuntu 7.04
are here:

  http://jalvesaq.googlepages.com/swarm.html

All suggestions are welcome -- including to grammar mistakes.

Best regards,

Jakson Aquino