[Swarm-Support] Query regarding changing seed in a RNG

From: Kavita Gangal
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Query regarding changing seed in a RNG
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:03:29 +0530

Hello,
My problem is as follows:

I need to generate varying series of random integers between 1 and 60 using swarm Random Number Generators.
Currently I am using the following syntax:

Globals.env.uniformIntRand.getIntegerWithMin$withMax (1,60);

But it turns out that, in this, the Initial seed can not vary. So each time when the program is run, it generates the SAME series.

And,

If Other RNG like MT19937 is used, it lets you change the seed but you can't define the range ( 1 to 60 ) with it.

Can anyone please tell me how to solve both the above problems?

1. Can the initial seed be changed in "Globals.env.uniformIntRand" ?
or else
2.Can range be defined in MT19937 ?

--

Thanks and Regards,