Re: [Swarm-Support] OK, I see that java "no such file or directory" buil

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] OK, I see that java "no such file or directory" build problem on Ubuntu
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:51:29 -0600

Alois Komenda wrote:
Removing java/java-stub.elc does not change anything for me. And findImp
gives me a Segmentation Fault (run without any parameters; Did you mean to
run it in that way?).
Actually, try running it like this:

$ tools/findImp  SwarmObject +create:

You should get:

+create: _c_CreateDrop_s__create_

Is this a Ubuntu/Debian problem? Or does it fail on Linux generally?

It works on Fedora, and it has worked for others with Debian. In java/swarm/defobj, you should see a bunch of generated Java files. For example, the first ten lines of FCallImpl should like this:

package swarm.defobj;
import swarm.defobj.ZoneImpl;
/**
* <strong> A language independent interface to dynamic calls.</strong>.

A language independent interface to dynamic calls.
*/
public class FCallImpl extends swarm.BaseImpl implements Create, CreateS, Drop, DropS, FCallS, FCall {

If you have all of the Java files (and you should if the findImp above works) then the question is why are they compiling? In particular, when you see an error like

"swarm/defobj/FCallCImpl.class : no such file or directory"

..is there really no swram/defobj/FCallImpl.java with content?