Re: [Swarm-Support] Can't find usable tk.tcl: Fedora install

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Can't find usable tk.tcl: Fedora install
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:21:00 -0800

Haruka Matsuzaki wrote:
Hello,

I have exactly the same issue, but mine occurs on fedora9 , though I
had utilized your recipe.
An only exception is, I ./configure ed with two flags.
---without-jdkdir --enable-xmlrpc.
Everything installed OK but couldn't find tk.tcl error occurs.
/usr/local/lib/tk8.4 , too.
And my Swarm Source was also downloaded from CVS(Savannah).

Haruka:

Scott Christley did some research that indicates this is a tk bug that has not clearly been fixed. There is a workaround posted here:
http://www.nabble.com/MouseWheel-binding-bug-in-listbox-and-text-widgets--td19863983.html
It requires a little editing of a couple tk files, then re-compiling.

If you try it and it works, please let us know.

Steve R.

--
Steve Railsback
Lang, Railsback & Associates