Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm and current Ubuntu

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm and current Ubuntu
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:21:50 -0700

Paul Johnson wrote:
Steve Railsback wrote:
Paul Johnson wrote:

What about 64-bit? Would that mean editing BlT and installing it and Swarm from source?

Which is to say, I'm not entirely sure that 64bit works anywhere,
but I bet Marcus and Scott can tell us.  I'm pretty sure on my 64
bit systems that Swarm is running in 32 bit mode.

Sorry, I just meant: I see your Ubuntu binaries are 32 bit; so if I want to use 64-bit mode I would have to build my own. (You don't have 64-bit ones hidden away somewhere?)

I compiled Swarm in 64-bit mode in Fedora. It sped up my models quite a bit.

Steve

--
Steve Railsback
Lang, Railsback & Associates