[Swarm-Support] JVM errors when trying to run a model

From: Williamson, Robert J
Subject: [Swarm-Support] JVM errors when trying to run a model
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 15:30:07 -0500

>Well, considering Windows 7 is an untested platform (for me, at least),
>it might be relevant.
>
>I don't know where Windows 7 is going to consider the Swarmhome, but if
>you do a filesearch for .swarmArchiver across the whole drive, you will
>probably get a hint.
>
>You have not mentioned if the swarm demo applications like Heatbugs run
>properly.

I have set SWARMHOME in my environmental variables as : C:/Swarm-2.2-java/, per
the Java installation instructions.
No luck on the .swarmArchive their either though.

I did a file search and didn't find anything.

I can run Heatbugs, but i get the same error as in this post:
http://www.swarm.org/pipermail/support/2006-July/015135.html
Whenever i hit "start" on the GUI the model crashes with a null pointer in
drawSelfOn.

Robert Williamson
Applied Biology/Software Engineering
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology