Re: [Swarm-Support] Esiest way to install SWARM?

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Esiest way to install SWARM?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:48:00 -0500

Camacho-Trujillo David wrote:

I will be more than happy if you can recommend me either:
The simplest way to install SWARM on Linux Ubuntu 9.10
or
How to fix the problem on Windows.

The problem you had in Windows looks possibly similar to one I have occasionally; sometimes the installation just doesn't work on some computers, or sometimes it does and doesn't on the same computer.

I would try a few more times to install in Windows, because (as you note) it uses an old version of gcc that probably requires no changes to your code, whereas Linux installations are likely to require some fixes to make new versions of gcc happy.

Try re-installing it on the same machine; just delete the whole C:/cygwin directory and try again. If that doesn't work, try some other computers. Windows XP is probably more likely to succeed than later versions of Windows.

Steve Railsback