Re: [Swarm-Support] Esiest way to install SWARM?

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Esiest way to install SWARM?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:36:15 -0500

On 04/19/2010 06:35 AM, Camacho-Trujillo David wrote:
Dear all,

I will be more than happy if you can recommend me either:

The simplest way to install SWARM on Linux Ubuntu 9.10
or
How to fix the problem on Windows.

How about you install Centos 5.4 in a virtual machine and run Swarm in there?
I've got RPMS for that.

http://pj.freefaculty.org/Centos/5/x86_64/RPMS/kurocks-x86_64/

Just Kidding :)

I have been meaning to see about building packages for newer Ubuntu and Fedora. Honestly, I don't see how anybody could like Debian packaging. I always complain about it. Right now, I've just tried to build a deb package on a 64 bit ubuntu system for swarm -2.3.0 and have run into some troubles. I succeed at building it for 32 bit, though, on Ubuntu 8.10.

http://pj.freefaculty.org/Ubuntu/8.10/i386/

I'm not completely sure if you can or can't run the 32 bit version on your 64 bit system. In Fedora, back when I used to have that, there was a multilib setup that would work. You can test and see for yourself.

I am going to see if I can learn how to use svn and get the current Swarm. I believe the 64 bit problems have been worked out, and I also gather from MGD's post yesterday that he had made some progress on the newish tcl/tk/blt.

I just need to decipher the "branches" and whatnot. I was just starting to understand CVS after 10 years and then SVN happened.

If I get some packages, I'll make an announcmenent here.

Professor, Political Science          http://pj.freefaculty.org
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504