[Swarm-Support] Esiest way to install SWARM?

From: Camacho-Trujillo David
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Esiest way to install SWARM?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:52:18 +0200

Dear all,

I am trying to publish  model I did during my Ph.D. (B.T.W. thanks you very
much to all of you to help me with all those problems I faced, specially Paul
Johnson, J.J. Merello and Randal Beer, which are on my acknowledgements) but
now I cannot even install SWARM on any x64 machine (One is with xeon and the
other with a intel centrino quad core) using ubuntu 9.10. However, the code is
"old" so therefore I am sure I will be suffering of the new "gcc" requisites to
compile and run it. On the other hand, in order to publish it, I need to sent
my code to the reviewers.
Therefore, I am looking to install and compile my code on the easiest possible
way to explain it to the reviewers. With Linux I am done, after trying several
things and reading all you guides. And with windows (which suppose to be easier
and no gcc problems should arise) I got this message whenever I try to run "ls"
and somthing very similar while trying to compile the canonical "heatbugs"
model.

C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe (3268): *** couldn't allocate cygwin heap, Win32 error
0, base 0x850000, top 0x859000, reserve_size 36864, allocsize 36864, page_const
4096
      0 [main] bash 4032 sync_with_child: child 3268(0x218) died before
initialization with status code 0x1    577 [main] bash 4032 sync_with_child:
*** child state waiting for longjmpbash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

I will be more than happy if you can recommend me either:

The simplest way to install SWARM on Linux Ubuntu 9.10
or
How to fix the problem on Windows.

Many thanks in advance for any reply to this.
cheers,

David Camacho

German Cancer Research Center
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology
Im Neuenheimer Feld 580
69120 Heidelberg
Germany
Tel: +49 6221 42 1802