Re: [Swarm-Support] Installation of SWARM on a Mac with Snow Leopard

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Installation of SWARM on a Mac with Snow Leopard
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:14:09 +1000

Hi Christiano

This is additional to my other message on this topic.

If you are prepared to install MacPorts then you should be able to use their
FSF compiler and other libraries such as Tcl-tk/BLT to build version 2.2.

However, I am not prepared to support either MacPorts or Fink.   Once these are
installed you have a different and from my perspective uncontrollable build
environment.  I do not have the resources to have three Macs: one running MacOS
X, one running Fink and one running MacPorts.  So I stick to vanilla MacOS X
and supply all additional libraries for any release.

If you can do a working port of Swarm 2.2 to MacPorts that is all good.  I will
help as much as I can.

Bill Northcott