Re: [Swarm-Support] Make error

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Make error
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 10:32:08 -0800

On 1/27/2011 12:18 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:

The last time I was building Swarm was June, 2010, and with more recent Ubuntu,
it was necessary to use the newest
version of Swarm from the version control system.  I am trying to reconstruct
in my mind the situation, but nobody at
Swarm.org officially said there was a release 2.4, but I did take a snapshot and say
"this is 2.4" and I built RPM and
DEB packages for it.

So, Paul, may I ask about your latest Ubuntu package? I'm thinking about a new computer and whether this might be the way to install Swarm. I don't have any experience with Ubuntu though.

You have a binary distribution for a current version of Ubuntu? Of Swarm 2.4?

The last time I messed with Swarm from the repository, there was a change that Scott made: the class "Zone" was re-named "SwarmZone". Is that change in your distribution?

What about all the dependencies like Tcl/Tk and BLT? Are they in Ubuntu or in your distribution, or need to be installed separately? (In other words, what all does it take to make the whole thing work?)

Finally, I see your Ubuntu directories are labeled "amd64", vs. "x86 64". Does that indicate something I should know about what hardware it works on?

Thanks...

Steve

--
Steve Railsback