Re: [Swarm-Support] Make error

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Make error
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 12:59:04 -0600

Hello all,

Finally made it back onto the support mailing list seems I was bounced long
time ago, here I thought the list was just silent...

Anyways I made a 2.3.0 source code tarball awhile back which is on the Swarm
website though not announced as a release.  This contains all of the patches
and up-to-date code before I got my fingers into things and swirled it all up.
There is Swarm_2_3 release branch in SVN.

The SVN main development branch contains all of the objc runtime abstraction
work and likely has broken a number of things.

I think we should offer two choices.  For those who want a very stable release,
that they can run their old Swarm applications upon, we should have a Swarm
2.3.X release branch that keeps those people happy.  I'm trying to get this
release branch into Debian (and thus into Ubuntu).  Paul, I think if you want
to do your RPM work on the 2.3.X release then that would be great.  We can keep
that up-to-date with the new Fedora, etc.

For those we want to use the new Mac work or GNUstep or just like to be on the
bleeding edge, then a 2.4.x (or currently SVN main branch) is for them.

Scott