swarm-swarmfest2004

Re: [SwarmFest2004] paper submission question (fwd)

From: Steve Railsback / Margaret Lang
Subject: Re: [SwarmFest2004] paper submission question (fwd)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 07:55:01 -0800

Rick Riolo wrote:

Folks,

What has been the policy in the past?
Can people submit an abstract now, and then upgrade
to a paper later?

Does the length/format of submission influence
what kind of time-slice they get for a talk?
Or the probability that they will be allowed
only a poster, not a talk?

I think we should clarify that only an abstract is needed to reserve a presentation slot.

And that full papers are at the author's discretion, and only for publication in the (on-line) proceedings. I don't see any need to ask people to write full papers just to get a speaking slot. (I would rather see people publish their work in journals than spending it writing up stuff for SwarmFest.)

Steve

--
Lang, Railsback & Associates
Arcata, CA