[Swftools-common] Dashed Lines Problem

From: anand.vasudevan
Subject: [Swftools-common] Dashed Lines Problem
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:03:52 +0530

Hi,

I tried looking into the code for dashed lines problem with pdf2swf.
I sort of got lost when trying to figure out which of the functions
would actually draw the lines in swf.

I found following functions which might draw lines: -

1. swfoutput_newpage calls swf_ShapeSetLine
2. swf_ShapeDrawerSetLineStyle
3. swf_ShapeDrawerLineTo
4. swf_ShapeDrawerMoveTo
5. swf_ShapeDrawerSplineTo

And it could be any other function not present in the above list of
functions.
Could anyone help me in giving me some pointers on how to get to the
core function that draws the line/curve.
I would thereafter try to see how the dashes become a continuous line.

Below is the reply Matthias had given sometime back in the mailing list.
I tried to increase line width by increasing the multiplier value to
more than 20, but it just made the text and the lines thicker.

Any kind of help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 03:43:11PM -0800, Jeremy Malczyk wrote:
> Just wondering what the status if this bug is and when/if it will be
fixed. I
> have some PDF images
> with maps in them that become virtually unreadbale because of dashed
or
> hatched lines that get
> converted to solid or heavy lines instead.

This is probably the oldest bug in pdf2swf (it's there since 2000).
For some reason, you're the first person complaining about it. ;)

Problem is that it's pretty tricky to fix because the lines/splines need
to be converted to a polygon in order to make it work correctly
independent of the line width.  I haven't gotten around to it yet-
also not sure when I'll have the time to tackle it.

But: Could you send me one of those map PDFs, so I have something to
test the fix with whenever I *do* get around to it?

Thanks,

Matthias

Regards
Anand Vasudevan,
Project Engineer,
Wipro Technologies, Bangalore.

Confidentiality Notice

this message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or
privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or
address@hidden immediately