Re: [Swftools-common] image replace in SWF

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] image replace in SWF
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:46:32 +0100

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 07:48:15PM +0200, Andrij Rudij wrote:
> I any way for replace in existing swf file image?
> Also for me need set to existing swf file text data. Is that possible?
>
> Probably this is possible using "swfcombine" or other tool ???

You can't replace the image itself, but you can replace the shape that
inherits the image- for example, if shape #3 contains the image, you
can do

    png2swf newimage.png -o newimage.swf
    swfcombine infile.swf '#3'=newimage.swf -o outfile.swf

Using the same method, you can also replace the texts- if, say,
textfield #4 contains something you want to replace, create a simple
swfc script to define the text, and then do

    swfc newtext.sc -o newtext.swf
    swfcombine infile.swf '#4'=newtext.swf -o outfile.swf

with newtext.sc something like

    # newtext.sc
    .flash name="newtext.swf" version=6
        .font arial "Arial.ttf"
        .text mytext font=arial size=24pt color=white text="My new text"
        .put mytext
    .end

Greetings

Matthias