Re: [Swftools-common] Complie SWF presentation / tutorial.

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Complie SWF presentation / tutorial.
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:51:16 +0200

Ralph Zajac wrote:
> Hi

Hi Ralph,

> I found this project looking for a way to make swf presentations using
> open source tools. I was wondering how to make all the pieces work
> together to make something cool for all of those that want to
> contribute to Open Source by providing high quality tutorials. But to
> the point. What I'm trying to do is:

I think that the issue might be similar to the following presentation
from Lawrence Lessig (http://randomfoo.net/oscon/2002/lessig/).

> I have few Presentations in Open Office Impress. I can export every
> slide as jpg file.  Then record voice comment for each of them as mp3
> or wav.
> Then I'd like to create swf file for every slide combining wav and
> jpg. Next I could create small html interface to switch slides or use
> SimpleViewer (http://www.swftools.org/pdf2swf_usage.html) to combine
> all together.
>
> Is it possible?

There is a tool that already does this (I'm one of its contributors,
although I cannot code): SuperShow
(http://www.rastersoft.com/programas/supershow.html). It's written in
python using GTK and GStreamer. It's in development, although is very
usable.

Audio recording isn't implemented yet. And audio is played continuously,
it isn't paused after each slide (I don't know whether this might be a
requirement for you).

I hope it helps,

Pablo