Re: [Swftools-common] License for commercial desktop software and/or we

From: Ahmad ElDardiry
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] License for commercial desktop software and/or website one
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:21:38 -0700

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
May peace and Allah Mercy and Blessings be upon you,

Thank you Mathiass.

I just check the list and found this answer (from you):

"You don't need licensing for that-
You're free to use the swf output files for whatever you see fit."
I'm not using the Unix .tar.gz version, instead I'm using the windows version, i.e. only the exes, no source code.

I don't intend to alter the source code in any way, I just need to make command-line calls from a C# application to for example swfc, swfcombine, ...

Do I still need to include the source code with my application ?

Thank you.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 09:25:40PM +0300, Ahmad ElDardiry <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1- In my SWFTools Wwindows installed version, I have 23 files and folders
> inside the "SWFTools" folder. Does the GPL License imposes that I include
> ALL the 23 files (the entire SWFTools folder) in my commercial product
> (desktop/website application) ?

You do *not* need all the files in the SWFTools folder. *But* you'll have
to include the full source code of swftools. (The .tar.gz file you can
download from http://www.swftools.org/downloads.html)

Matthias

--

لا إله إلا الله