Re: [Swftools-common] License for commercial desktop software and/or we

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] License for commercial desktop software and/or website one
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:39:29 +0100

2009/7/27 Matthias Kramm <address@hidden>:
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 09:25:40PM +0300, Ahmad ElDardiry <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> 1- In my SWFTools Wwindows installed version, I have 23 files and folders
>> inside the "SWFTools" folder. Does the GPL License imposes that I include
>> ALL the 23 files (the entire SWFTools folder) in my commercial product
>> (desktop/website application) ?
>
> You do *not* need all the files in the SWFTools folder. *But* you'll have
> to include the full source code of swftools.

...else you are breaking the stringent terms of the GPL.

Since you will be attempting to use the SWFTools binaries for ccommercial gain,
it would also be a magnanimous gesture on your part, if you also
rushed excitedly
over to,

    http://www.swftools.org/donate.html

and make a generous donation to the project? ;o)

[ The sentiment just expressed above, should in no way be construed as
that of one
   Matthias Kramm!  Entirely my own 2 Euros, Pennies, Cents, Dirham]