Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf quits without converting or warning at 'Ge

From: Joseph Masoud
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf quits without converting or warning at 'Generating info structure'
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 15:33:00 +0000

On 08/02/10 15:07, Eric Adriaans | Dsens wrote:
Hi Joseph, Chris,

Thanx for your help :) I guess there is definitely some problem in our linux
server setup... the bad thing is that I'm not much of a
server-administrator. I know a bit of Linux, but when it comes to real
problems, it's definitely not my thing, though I'm gonna try figuring it out
:)

Our server has the following setup:
OS: CentOS 5
CPU: 2x Intel Quad-Core Xeon L5410 / 12MB
Linux version 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5PAE (address@hidden)
gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-46)
Freetype: Package freetype-2.2.1-21.el5_3.i386 already installed and latest
version

Chris, you say that you have a server install with "a generic installation
packed out with a raft of source code installs, including a straight
./configure --prefix=/usr/local one of SWFTools 0.9.0."... Does that mean
pdf2swf sort of stands on its own with its own libraries, without using the
systems shared libraries?

And is there a way to see where things actually go wrong after a conversion?
Pdf2swf doesn't show me an error, but are there logfiles of libraries or
something which I can check, so that I have a better overview of where
things are going wrong, and what I might need to update/upgrade on our
server?

Eric
Hi Eric,
Your reply has only come to me and not the whole list. You need to click on reply all or ensure that "address@hidden" is in the cc or to field.

It took a while to get CentOS working properly with swftools, most of the problems I had were usually due to missing fonts / generally outdated libraries on the server OS. You can use the verbose option in pdf2swf to get more details about the conversion:

pdf2swf -vvv file.pdf -o file.swf

(more v's gives more details)

That could be a good start.

Thanks,