Re: [Swftools-common] Re: Linking or calling other swf files...

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Re: Linking or calling other swf files...
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:53:23 +0000

On 12 February 2010 16:50,  <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I'm a newb here and I have the task of creating a project for some clients
> that involves incorporating several swf files into one swf file.

Which is a bit like this list doing your homework for you, in order
that you can do the job, and get the credit and payment.. (
half-joking there, but has to be worth a donation to the
project somewhere along the line, if you end up with a happy client,
huh?  ';o) )

> To be exact, what I need to do is create one swf file that links to, or
> calls, several other swf files.

In auto-sequence, one after the other??

> I've tried several of the swftools, but so far all I can manage to do is
> cerate one big swf file, that contains all the other swf files.

So they all play at once you mean??

> Is there some way to create an swf file that says:
>
> Play 1.swf
> Then play 2.swf
> Then play 3.swf
> Then play 4.swf
> etc......

If you don't wish them to play in ( and thus wipe out ) the main
window,  you'll need a Sprite to contain them, with maybe button
controls in the main window in order to trigger them off.

Here's a scrap of code to be going on with: See what yoiu can make of
it. [ Note that the
movie l;oaded into the sprite is not clipped first time around. You''l
need to push that button agan. ]

.flash filename="0001.swf" bbox=300x200 version=8 fps=60 compress
    .box viewbox color=red height=50 width=50 fill=blue
    .box button_pressed width=22 height=15 color=green  fill=salmon line=2
    .box button_idle width=22 height=15 color=red  fill=salmon line=2
    .box button_hover width=22 height=15 color=orange  fill=salmon line=2

.button play
    .show button_idle as=shape
    .show button_hover as=hover
    .show button_pressed as=pressed
        .on_press:
           this.viewframe._width=50;
           this.viewframe._height=50;
           this.viewframe.loadMovie("your_swf_goes_here.swf");
.end
.end

.sprite viewframe
   .put viewbox x=0 y=0