[Swftools-common] "Hidden Text: is displaying when converting with PDF2S

From: JL
Subject: [Swftools-common] "Hidden Text: is displaying when converting with PDF2SWF
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:35:58 -0500

Hello,

I have a PDF that contains hidden text.  When I convert using PDF2SWF, the hidden text displays along with the rest of the visible PDF elements (punches through)

If I open the document in Acrobat Pro and select Document>Examine Document I have the option to Remove the Hidden Text then the PDF2SWF conversion works fine.

I have tried the PDF running with the Flatten command (-G) as well as a straight conversion and each time ends with a Segmentation Fault (Transparencies) I am however able to convert it with Poly2Bitmap....however this is when the Hidden Text is now appearing on the resulting SWF.

The only way I have found to remove this Hidden text is to run it through Acrobat Pro using the Examine Document function...I do not want to have to manually do this each time...nor, as in this case, rely on the client providing the document to have to do this each time.  The hidden text is not visible when the PDF is opened...I would not want it to appear when converted either.

I have a feeling a straight conversion or --flatten might do the trick, but until the Segmentation Fault errors get ironed out...I am looking for a good workaround if anyone else has experienced this. I looked at Distiller settings as I can run all client PDF through that...but no option to remove hidden text.

Any Ideas?

--
Jleav