Re: [Swftools-common] 100% CPU load with slides with synced sound

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] 100% CPU load with slides with synced sound
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 20:29:47 +0100

On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 15:48:06 +0100
Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden> wrote:

> > What is happen is that flashplayer is looping between frame 5 and 6.
> > So make it loop slower.
>
> Is there any way to avoid the loop?

Don't have .frame 1 to .frame 6?  I can't really see why they're there
anyway.  However, that not only digresses, but will probably open a
whole new can of worms!-  so, shut up Chris ;o)  )

> The problem now is that CPU load is much higher if I forward or rewind
> the slides (Right and Left keys). And this slows down the video playing.

I compiled your set of slides with the mp3, as is Pablo.  Guess what?
It runs fine. No heavy load on either CPU or memory.  In fact, I have
barely a 0.1 listed in the processes.  Interesting result, since I have
quite an old laptop with minimal memory.

Perhaps you can put two and two together?  Stop blaming swftools for
this, and <evil grin> go swap Fedora core, or whatever combination you have,
for something else..<evil grin>

Other than that..

 your keyboard controls don't appear to do what you expect them to. That
 is when they work, which they didn't for me.

 why are are you embedding that mp3?  Would it not be way easier to
 stream it?

 Suite Bergamasque huh? How about a music snippet from it to lighten
 the mood of the presentation - add a bit of punch to the dialogue?**
 If the vocal happens to be your good self, maybe down a few tequila's
 beforehand? ( I am joking there ). ;o)

Regards,

Chris.

** This is someone who tried to listed to Lessig.  I don't feel a tad
   guilty in saying I was sound asleep after 2 minutes.  Many people
   have interesting things to say and good points to make, but by golly
   that doesn't mean to say their presentation skills match 'em. ;o)
--
Chris <address@hidden>